When you come home from vacay to 107* temps and a weekly weather report that boasts just about the same, first you grumble and complain that you’re ready for fall, and then you tell yourself to soak up this last dose of summer highs. This is how I’ll be staying cool this week.
1. treating myself to all of the iced almond lattes I want (after all cooler temps and hot lattes are coming).
2. run off to cooler temps. It just so happens that I have to be in San Francisco Tuesday and Tahoe Wednesday so I’ll be escaping two crazy hot days in favor of foggy SF and an afternoon by the lake.
3. hang around in your underwear while you can (this one goes for my afternoons with Rex and letting him have all of the naked and diaper time that he wants).
4. wear your summer faves while you can but pair them with dark accessories (i.e.: I’ve been living in these crazy comfortable black flats) for a nod towards fall.
5. get creative in the kitchen with the last of summer’s fruits and veggies. The end of the summer figs for example are so yum in just about everything.
6. book a hair appointment to go darker with your locks… just in time for September (I just did!).
Photography | Stephanie Russo