What better way to kickoff the excitement of festival season (and spring in general) than styling an ethereal shoot complete with flower crowns? This was my first attempt at diy-ing floral head attire, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they really are quite easy to make. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all about the flower crowns but since they do feel a little over done to me, I opted to hang mine after the shoot as a wreath. I’m loving this idea for bridal showers or wedding decor ~ especially in the all-white, don’t you think? Steps to make your own diy floral crowns / wreaths below!
Supplies: flowers, floral wire, floral tape, scissors, wire cutters
1. Measure head and create your flower crown base using the floral wire
2. Cut flower stems about 2″ below the blooms
3. Think about your placement (i.e.: larger / prettiest blooms towards the front of the crown with a mix of greenery)
4. Start taping on those blooms! You really can’t go wrong–I mean they are flowers after all.
5. Hang as a wreath ~ or wear as a crown.
Model: Kelly Burns // Photography: Michelle Drewes