I can finally appreciate why we have national holidays to celebrate the Moms (and Dads!). And I’m already anxiously awaiting my first gift (wink, wink–thanks Rex!)… because this motherhood thing is no joke. From splurge-worthy to practical, thoughtful to fun, here are some ideas to consider when celebrating Mom in just a couple weeks. May 14th… mark your calendar because I know it always creeps up on me.
1. Something splurge-worthy. Rex knows my style and went the playful route. A tiger printed Gucci cardholder from Nordstrom was a good choice for this mama. Of course there’s always jewelry (a sweet line of dainty pieces you can’t go wrong with), or a totally on-trend straw bag…
2. Something to make her feel pretty. Every gal I know loves a new shade of lipstick. It’s my go-to gift and if your mom wears lipstick on the regular like my mom, a A pretty new shade is always a safe choice. My latest color / tube crush is Charlotte Tilbury’s Stoned Rose. (It’s a pretty brownish-rose and perfect for everyday.) Some additional “make her feel pretty” finds…
3. Something practical for the active mama. A vintage-inspired sweatshirt or tee from one of her fave easy mom-style brands. Cool new kicks for all those walks she takes you on. A bathing suit coverup for those hot days to come. Or new workout pants for her sweat sessions at pilates (or maybe she’s just sweating chasing after you!).
4. Something out of the ordinary: a surprise family outing. Our neighbor surprises his family with secret trips for special occasions and I think this is so fun! I’ve been hinting to my guy that I love surprises. How fun for the lady in your life who most likely plans everything to have one day where she has no clue what to expect. Maybe it’s brunch at a new spot, maybe it’s a day in wine country… maybe it’s a pack your bikini we’re flying to Mexico surprise.
5. Mama’s day off. Give her the gift of a day to do whatever she pleases. Sleep in until noon. Mani/Pedi. Hang in your pjs all day reading magazines. Mimosa brunch?–you deserve it mama.
6. And nothing says I love you mom like a handmade card and a bottle of wine.
This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. Thank you for supporting CITNB collaborations!
Photography | Susan Yee