I’m a salad girl–year round. What can I say, I crave my greens? But we all know it’s really all about the “goodies” mixed in the greens that make it so delicious. I love getting inspired for the perfect “goodie combination” by the seasonal ingredients at our local farmers markets and Co-Op. In the summer I love adding berries and fruits into my salads for a refreshing bite, and come fall I’m craving more savory-sweet combos with grilled seasonal veggies. We have yet to go apple picking yet this season (we’ve had back-to-back wedding weekends so I’m just waiting for a weekend at home) but I’ve been stocking up on apples at the Co-Op. They’re so delicious this time of year that I’ve been making apple everything–and they’ve inspired this go-to salad combo.
This salad is filled with all of the best flavors of fall, balanced out with tangy apple slices and cranberries. You can easily swap out the walnuts for other nuts you may have on hand like sliced almonds or pecans, and could add avocado (always a good idea!) or shredded chicken to make a complete meal.
Fall Salad ::
for the potato –
1 large sweet potato, cubed into 1″ pieces
1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
for the salad –
1 bunch of lacinto kale or your favorite greens, chopped
1 green apple, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of cranberries
1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
for the dressing –
1/4 cup tahini
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 -3 tbsp of warm water to thin the dressing out as needed
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. add the cubed sweet potato onto a lined sheet tray and toss with the rosemary, oil, salt and pepper. roast for about 20 -25 minutes until potatoes are tender and slightly golden brown.
3. in a large serving bowl, add the chopped greens, sliced apple, cranberries, pecans, and roasted potatoes.
4. for the dressing, add all of the ingredients into a blender to mix or combine ingredients in a bowl. adjust salt and pepper as needed.
5. toss the salad with the dressing and serve! enjoy!