It’s been a little while now since I’ve sat down to type out a #10Things post… and also, I can’t believe it’s already August!!! This week I was running solo with Rex as T was traveling for work again so it was another week of throwing off routines, trying to juggle it all, and then giving up in favor of playing hooky with R. But then again playing hooky is what summer is all about right? I’m just trying to take full advantage of my slower summer afternoons with Rex right now. Soaking up this age, the awesome-ness of motherhood and the fact that I do have this flexibility to hang with him. I’m so very thankful!
1. This featured photo is still the current situation on my dresser. My peonies died a weeks back now and yet I haven’t changed them out because I sorta love them dried!
2. The aqua prayer beads were a gift from a friend (Ali who I’ve mentioned a number of times here on the blog as he’s my go-to Moroccan rug guy–most recently you saw him here when we tried a rug swap in my family room)–he’s the type that will literally give you the shirt off his back. Just by mentioning that I liked the color of his necklace he took it off and insisted I keep it. Such a sweet reminder to be more giving because those simple acts of kindness go such a long way.
3. I spent a ridiculous amount of time at the Apple store this week–which in my downtime, while waiting the 4+ hours (yesss!) for my phone to backup and all that tech stuff I so do not love… I found time to catch-up on some articles and favorite websites around the web. I loved this feature on Jenni Kayne–let the garden become part of your dining décor… which is how I love to style a summer scene as well. Organically with local and fresh produce, or flowers from your yard.
4. Tanner and I chat about our future “ranch life” and moving outside the city one day. Love this vibe!
5. We’re heading to Ojai this next week and unfortunately we booked too last minute but next time I’m heading that way I’m dying to stay at the Thatcher House. You should totally check it out!
6. I’m not vegetarian but I typically crave eating primarily veggie / vegan most of the time. I shared my average weekly grocery list (random I know, but it was a reader request so I thought why not!). Since I’m not as familiar with the food blogger space I first tapped my friend Erin (Naturally Ella) during a recent coffee date who let me borrow her favorite veg cookbooks… then I decided I’d asked over on Instagram Stories this week for suggestions as well and was given so many great responses! Here were some most popular ones:
7. Speaking of food and summer recipes, this Watermelon Salad with Lemon and Coriander Seed Dressing (from Sunday Suppers) sounds so refreshing! I’ve bookmarked and plan to make soon. Spotted while browsing DIANI Living’s blog as I just love following Caroline, the founder and buyer of my favorite Santa Barbara boutique.
8. She (Caroline) and her husband have been living that country life, splitting their time between Santa Barbara and New York now, and I love seeing snippets of their new upstate New York house. (Featured here recently in the New York Times.)
9. Caroline’s post also reminded me how much I love my denim apron! A collab between my denim fave, Citizens of Humanity, and DIANI…
10. I picked up the cutest retro throwback jacket for Rex this week at Zara. I highly suggest scooping it up for any kiddos. I was a little hesitant from the photos online but it’s even better in person. Totally reminds me of the jackets I wore in the 80’s as a little girl. PS: I can’t believe September and fall are just around the corner!! What?!