On the plans for the weekend: first official holiday soirée, and a black-tie affair at that. (I waited to the last minute to try on the only dress option I ordered and raced to the seamstress to beg her to alter it in a day yesterday… um, yeah typical of things in my world. So fingers crossed that works out.) In other weekend plans I’m hoping we can get our Christmas tree and want to start decorating the house so things feel a bit more festive around here!.. now that we’re going into mid-December?! I know I say this every month but really how is that possible? Are you feeling the season yet?
These random #10Things round-ups are becoming one of my favorite posts to put together as it’s fun to reflect on my week and think about what I’ve been reading, listening to, or spotted around the web. Hope you enjoy these little bits from my world… what have you been into this week?
1. SO, I bought my first dry brush and I have to admit, I’m not totally into it… yet… I want to be. I think it’s a matter of getting into the routine, carving out a little self-care me time, and remembering to do it before just jumping in for a quick 5 minute mom shower. I’ve also found that while many people advocate brushing dry skin before showering, I much prefer using a little body oil while in the shower. Maybe it’s debatable whether or not it’s the same benefits but it leaves my skin feeling amazing!
2. I love following Amber Lewis of Amber Interiors on Instagram as her design aesthetic is so up my alley and was thrilled when she announced the launch of her new lifestyle site: All Sorts Of. It’s beautiful! (I enjoyed yesterday’s interview with Hillary Ker of Clique Brands including Who What Wear, My Domaine, Byrdie and now her podcast Second Life [which is a weekly listen of mine as well]).
3. Speaking of Second Life, a podcast to listen to: really enjoyed and found this week’s Second Life interview with Meredith Melling, La Ligne Co-Founder and Ex-Vogue alum, to be inspiring. Also makes me want some La Ligne stripes in my life!
4. If you’re terrible at remembering all of your passwords like I am, a friend just introduced me to the app: 1Password. This is literally life changing for me!
5. We’re (hopefully!) going to get our Christmas tree this weekend and I’m looking forward to decorating things a bit more. While searching around for some fresh holiday decor inspiration I loved the mix of dried florals and overall feel of this DIY wreath on Rip and Tan.
6. The last few times I’ve seen my girlfriend Gaby she’s been wearing this Alexander Wang gray washed denim jacket and I’m just so bummed my size is sold out on Net-A-Porter because it’s on sale right now. So someone snag it if they have your size… it’s perfectly oversized and just looks so effortlessly cool on. (Similar more affordable option as well–currently 30% off).
7. My aesthetician swears by this eye combo for eyes that really pop but aren’t overdone so I’m giving it a try for the black-tie event we have this weekend. Laura Mercier Cake Liner (in Black) applied with a flat brush along the lash line underneath on the upper lids and Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Shadow Stick (in Bark) on the lids. Add a little black liner along the bottom lids for that additional pop and a coat of mascara.
8. I’ve been making variations of this cashew sauce recipe for a few weeks now in an effort to get some healthy fats and protein in Rex and we all just can’t get enough. It’s indulgently creamy and super satisfying when you want a delicious and easy to whip up pasta dish. Last night I added a bunch of spinach and made my version of a creamy spinach pesto. So yum. I also feel like I’m totally winning as a mom whenever I can sneak veggies onto Rex’s plate these days.
9. Also speaking of cooking, I’ve been wanting to finally bake a cake recipe from my Sweet Laurel cookbook (recipes of beautiful whole food, grain-free desserts). I had planned to make one of the cakes for Rex’s birthday and then it just didn’t happen… so it’s now on my December to-do list. Like we need more sweets around this time of year, ha.
10. On my December faves list: these Jenni Kayne Moroccan Indoor Slippers. They were a surprise gift in the mail this week and are the first thing I slip on as soon as I’m back home at the end of the day.