Between the shift of the seasons and the fact that I can now leave Willow for longer chunks of time, I feel like I’m finally able to do more for myself. I signed up for a reprogram with Sakara Life (delicious plant-based meals) and finally got back into yoga this week–wow that has felt really good. Sounds cheesy but I really needed yoga back in my life! Like an old friend. It’s felt good to feel sore again too–love that feeling. Crawling into bed especially tired this evening as I type this but also feeling on a high like I’m getting a bit of my groove back. Some links from my week! xx
1. I forget if I shared this fall trend report, but it’s a good one!
2. Also! Spring 2020 trends and how to wear them now. My personal vote, a ’90s “make-under” / minimal dressing, think slip dresses and gold hoops (kinda my go-to really for any occasion).
3. My perfect fall jean–I’m continually asked about this style so linking again for you. Love this darker wash for the cooler months. (Remember to size down one size, they are a non-stretch denim that will loosen a bit throughout the day).
4. One of my long-time favorite natural skincare brands, Earth Tu Face, is now available on Free People. I loved reading this article in which founder, Sarah (who I got to met recently at this dinner!), lists her five favorite healing plants and all of their special qualities.
5. Speaking of plants and healing powers for the skin… I’ve been noticing such a different in the fading of my sunspots and acne scars by being a bit more diligent and ritualistic with this face mask. Again, it’s a product I’ve mentioned on the blog before but I just love it because it’s a five minute mask. So it’s something I can easily put on for a few minutes in the evening before hitting the pillow, and I have noticed such a glow and difference in my skin since using more frequently. (Any 30 min mask seems too much for me these days, ha.)
6. Ulla Johnson has some pretty amazing sweaters this fall. I’m crushing on a handful but especially this cardi in a fun color pop or a classic closet staple, in the midnight which I’d personally probably get more wear out of if I’m being honest with myself.
8. This would be my easy-on-the-go hairstyle (if only my hair was this long and gorgeously thick).
9. You know me, I like a very minimal makeup routine… rarely wearing foundation or mascara on the daily even though my permanent eye-bags could use the help these days. But! I tried this serum illuminator and it’s so pretty layered under foundation. (This is my foundation of choice for a more natural, but just enough coverage. And if I want a bit more coverage I wear this.)
10. Lastly, the SakaraLife team signed me up for their three week reprogram and I’m in my final week and have absolutely loved how I feel. It’s been such a nice way to enter a new season, to take better care of myself–I got back into yoga this week (wow that felt amazing)–and just eat really good, clean, plant-based and nutrient rich meals. So so nice to have easy grab-and-go options especially as Tanner has been traveling a bunch for work and I’ve been flying solo a lot.
Images via Pinterest