I’m always bummed when things go quiet over on CITNB a bit longer than I’d like, so while Rex is currently napping I thought I’d round-up a quick #10Things of links and things I’ve been into and reading lately. All things October… although we’re already mid-way over here. Oops!
Things happening in my world this month: cooking all of the fall dishes (especially squashes and soups)… and living in plaids. Soaking up the Halloween spirit as seen through Rex’s eyes. (He’s not totally getting it but is obsessed with pointing out the pumpkins on everyone’s porches on our daily walks and absolutely loved the pumpkin patch. Verdict is still out on what he’ll be for Halloween–most likely a fireman because that’s really all he’s super into at the moment.) Also, since it’s cooling down nothing sounds better than cozying up on the couch and binge watching whatever favorite show… currently racing through The Man in the High Castle. Mostly also, since I have a huge crush on Joe Blake. But talk to me after you watch episode 6 of season 3!!!! Attempting to make more time for self-care and myself which is easier said than done as a busy working mom–by joining a bookclub and making more time for girlfriends. Girlfriends are always the soul-giving boost I need! Speaking of girlfriends, we just had a fall potluck this past weekend and you should all plan one with your gals soon too. Nothing like getting in the fall spirit and trying new recipes, cozying up in oversized sweaters, and hanging around sipping festive cocktails.
And now for some links!
1. First, did you catch Athena Calderone of Eye Swoon’s New York townhouse in Architectural Digest? It’s insanely stunning… a New York city dream if you ask me. I think the kitchen might be my favorite room… um, or that bathroom, so hard to choose!
2. I was pleasantly surprised that you were all really into my post on simple ways to be more sustainable, and was recently inspired by this guide to zero waste on Diani Living’s blog to make a few more simple swaps around the kitchen.
3. This might be my very #1 fall wishlist item. I have the same coat in the red plaid from a few seasons back and have given it so much love that I was already hoping Isabel would make it again in additional colors. Love the yellow this season!
4. How beautiful is this fall color combination (rose + mustard) from Ulla Johnson?!
5. This delicata squash recipe has already quickly become a fall fave dish over here. I’m made it again this past weekend for a potluck with girlfriends.
6. If in LA soon, I’m dying to get to The Great’s new store. Looks so good and right up my alley! I’ve been living in this sweatshirt most days of the week.
7. If you’re local, in Sacramento, and looking for a great pumpkin patch for toddlers we took Rex to Dave’s in West Sac and it was perfect for younger kids.
8. Also for my Sacramento friends, I’m dying to eat at the newer ramen spot in my hood, Origami Asian Grill. My chef friend Kevin gave it an A+ so you know it has to be good.
9. I just did a huge makeup cleanup and ordered this foundation from Ilia. I’ve heard amazing things so I’ll do a full post review once I’ve used for a few weeks. (Linking some additional clean beauty finds I’ve swapped in recently as well below).
10. All of the plaid! All of the western touches… like these Frye boots.