I truly felt the shift into fall this week and am fully embracing the season now! I celebrated my birthday over the weekend with a low-key date night, and then kind of with what was also supposed to be a low-key non-birthday gathering with friends at home that turned into a late night drinking tequila at the local dive bar (ouch!) and majorly hurting the next day when we had to get up with two little ones… but so fun, so worth it, and it felt like the ideal closing of the chapter that was this summer / September. After a boozy night and also 1am pizza (no regrets) I was craving a reset in every way this week. From diving into bed a little earlier to eating healthy. Just taking better care of myself in general. The shift in the weather has also given me the chance to wear cozy knits this week, to pull out my turtlenecks and get excited for more layers. Also, I’m SO looking forward to an upcoming trip to New York on the cal later this month. A few things on my radar… mainly revolving around style, ha! xx
1. Styling Tip: When it comes to styling no site does it better than Net-A-Porter. If I’m in a wardrobe funk I’ll just peruse their site and then rework pieces I own based off looks I like.
3. I’m continuously asked about my favorite denim styles and this high-rise pair is hands down my most worn. Size down one size–they will stretch a bit. But over the years and since having babies, high-rise and non-stretch denim is all I want to wear. I find this cut to be the most flattering on me and I just can’t go back to anything else.
4. I’m officially on the hunt for a dress to wear to our annual black-tie holiday event and have my heart set on something long sleek and silk or shiny or fun and sequined. Especially wanting to wear a dress from the uber chic made in San Francisco line Kamperett. Why are you sold out?! TEAR.
5. Goop’s podcast is a regular listen for me–actually, probably my number one podcast. I especially love all the various wellness practitioners they interview. Anyway, I’m excited because the next In Good Health wellness summit put on by their team is in the Bay Area. Tickets are pricey but you know it will be good!
6. If by chance you’re in the market for a super cool rain jacket–I tried this one on recently and think it’s so fun. Best styled tucked in a bit as seen on the model here.
7. Also, I’ve been really into the liner style jackets this season and if you’re looking for a good “save” option–this is a good one. Comes in a number of colors.
9. If you’re local, Faria Bakery opened this week and they have the best croissants outside of Paris. Just saying. Arguably better than Tartine? (Design by my friend’s Emily and Kaila of Wool and Jeune.)
10. Still super crushing on this silky tank for upcoming holiday party season. Cute just with jeans and heels!
* re: a few Q’s about whether Isabel Marant boots are comfortable, yessss this style is 100% super comfy. Highly recommend, the ideal low heel.
Photography | Susan Yee