As a serious denim lover I’ve picked up a few tips over the years on how to best care for my jeans but it’s always good to get a refresher. I quizzed my friends over at Citizens of Humanity on a recent lunch date for more denim best care facts and later ran my questions by their Women’s Designer, Alaina Miller. Like how often should I actually be washing my jeans? (True story I go weeks… probably not necessary). Should I wash my denim with cold or hot water? And what’s the best way to store them? A girls’ gotta know! Of course I knew you’d be interested as well so I had to share her answers because there’s nothing worse than a hem job gone wrong or fading the wash of your favorite pair of boyfriend jeans by not reading the care label (major tears!). So follow the below and long live your denim!
Best Denim Care Tips |
1. If possible, wait 2-3 wears before washing your jeans
2. Turn denim inside out before washing to help prevent fading
3. Wash on cold / gentle cycle
4. Ideally, it’s best to hang dry your jeans (not run them through the dryer). But if using a tumble dryer, keep them inside out and dry on the lowest setting
5. When having jeans altered bring them to a professional who can reattach the original hem after shortening your jeans. If you can take them to a denim specialist that’s even better
6. Store denim folded, not hung
And 5 denim styles I’m crushing on for spring…
Photography | Susan Yee
Error: Access Token for is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.