Last year I put together a few ways to celebrate the Summer Solstice (the longest day of the year) and stumbling back upon that post, while all completely still relevant, prompted me to want to make a new summer list of sorts! I feel like it’s so easy to let the summer pass you by and personally I’m not the best of planners so I wanted to jot down a few things I hope to take advantage of this summer. Especially since I’ve been in newborn world and the days are equally blending together and slipping away from me. Mainly I just want to be more spontaneous! Yeah, yeah, I know, I have a toddler and a newborn, so easier said than done right now–and I’m loving our slow backyard hangs and afternoon picnics, but I live for spontaneity and I know I need to carve out more escapes to keep myself happy. So cheers to that!
1. take advantage of that delta breeze and go out for an evening walk or just enjoy our backyard after the babes have gone to bed.
2. explore more of our local wineries in Amador County.
3. day trips to tahoe! we’re so close that it’s crazy we don’t go more often.
4. plan more gatherings with friends this summer. more casual wine nights and family dinners with kids. more dates to meet up in wine country.
5. an afternoon to myself to just read in the sun. (what are you reading?!)
6. try new summer recipes. and bake a “naked cake” with Rex… then invite friends over to enjoy it with.
7. make a new batch of natural bug spray.
8. edit my closet–like a crazy edit! down to only the essentials.
9. make a new summer playlist.
10. run through the sprinklers with Rex.
Images via Pinterest