Happy summer solstice!… 5 ways to celebrate the longest day of the year and those sunshine-filled, carefree days ahead…
1. toss out a picnic blanket, invite your friends (or gather the fam) and simply hang / soak up those late afternoon, early evening rays
2. preferably with a classic chilled cocktail in hand (Aperol Spritz anyone?) and a can’t-put-down summer read (currently: The Handmaids Tale*)
3. wear your flirtiest floral dress for the occasion… maybe even a floral crown made with flowers from your garden to get into the true spirit!
4. make a summer wish-list of things to do and set a few seasonal intentions for yourself
5. light a bonfire and stay out long enough to watch the stars…
A Summer Solstice Ritual | The beginning of summer marks a time of carefree celebration, play, renewal, and healing of the self and soul. There are so many sweet rituals around midsummer festivities–evening bonfires, the making of floral crowns, gathering herbs and ingredients from your garden for a picnic feast, cocktails and circle dancing. I love the idea of setting new intentions for yourself, lighting candles, and lounging outside on a blanket until the stars come out. A chance to celebrate the simple pleasures of summer…
Love love love the open back of this blouse! You can’t wear a bra, so these “petals” are my summer go-to. But note I don’t have much in that department these days, if you’re fuller these might not be enough support.
The Italian girl in me loves a classic Aperol Spritz, and especially this time of year! There’s just something so refreshing about this sweet sip… which always brings back memories of making them with my cousins in Italy. For perfecting your cocktail, be sure to make in this order…
A Summer Classic | Aperol Spritz ::
— fill your wine glass with ice
— Aperol (equal parts Prosecco and Aperol)
— a splash of Soda
— Stir and Enjoy! Add a slice of orange or lime if you have them on hand for garnish
Tip | One Kings Lane is one of my go-tos for chic, neutral picnic blankets and beach towels!
*Currently reading The Handmaids Tale. | Darker than my usual… a girlfriend passed it along to me and I didn’t realize what I was getting into before I started reading it but wow, so good. Are you watching the show or have you read as well? Any other can’t put down reads to add to my summer book list? Aiming to read more books again which in turn always fuels my love for writing.