Currently in New York for my first fashion week in over 2.5(ish) years… pre-Rex for sure so this week’s list is heavy on fashion and NYC. Paris gave me quite the travel itch so when that first NYFW show invite popped up in my inbox I instantly booked my ticket realizing I most likely wouldn’t be going to New York anytime soon once baby girl arrives. I had some changes in my original travel plan and ended up extending my stay as well as booking a few extra nights at The High Line Hotel. It’s one of those iconic New York hotels that I attended numerous events at (and past fashion week presentations) but had never stayed. Turns out the rooms are surprisingly large for New York (win!), and I just can’t get enough of that cane headboard!
1. Kicked this Fall 2019 New York Fashion Week off with the Ulla Johnson show… one of my absolute favorite New York designers–that I actually wear and buy on the regular. I mean, you know how much I love her feminine dresses and beautiful knits. The collection was the dreamiest fall color palette and true to Ulla, a perfect mix of eclectic meets femme.
2. Speaking of Ulla, her limited edition spring beauty collaboration with Bobbi Brown launched and the pretty nude packaging and tints are all so pretty!
3. NY friends! The Frida Kahlo Exhibit happening right now in Brooklyn looks so good! I just got my ticket.
4. Also for my New York friends, if you love the LA-based women’s line DÔEN as much as I do, you should definitely stop by their pop-up that’s going on through the weekend in Soho at: 150 Greene St
5. So I finally jumped on that barrette hair trend! I’ve loved it since the beginning but let’s just say my everyday mom life hasn’t given me an occasion to rock one just yet. Thank you New York for giving me an excuse! Fave designer for that splurge barrette is the made in Brooklyn line: Jennifer Behr. (Or for a fun VDAY inspired pink save–snag this look for $6.)
6. There’s just something about the month of February that makes me crave pink. In all things… including furniture. I was crushing hard when I saw this cutie pink leather chair in my hotel room at The High Line Hotel.
7. Also speaking of furniture and decor–I’m currently working on remodeling our guest room (the final room to be finished in our house!!)… and am leaning hard towards a cane headboard. Hence all of my headboard photo snaps. Or maybe we need a headboard in our master bedroom after all? Any thoughts on headboards covering windows?
8. If you know me, you know my guy and I are huge Mandolin Orange fans. Their new album: Tides of a Teardrop just came out February 1st and it’s all we’ve been listening to around our house. Also, for my SF friends, they’re coming to The Fillmore March 21st!
9. On the flight over I finally watched Beautiful Boy with Steve Carrell and Timothée Chalamet. As a mom I knew it would be heartbreaking and hard to watch… but oh so good. I was in tears. Have you seen it?
10. Took myself out to lunch yesterday–solo–which, moms I’m sure you will agree always feels like such a luxury now! I had the best salad at Cookshop. Highly recommend the ‘Greens & Grains.’ Hit the spot for this California girl craving her kale. Ha.
The spring dress the Ulla sent me to wear to the show!